Smoothie recipes for weight loss are very different from sugar loaded, crash and burn fruity blends you find at your local smoothie joint. Here are a couple great weight loss smoothie tips to get you started.
First, let’s give you a quick cheat sheet to help guide you to your own slimming smoothie recipes.
1) Keep the sugar levels low – Yes…less fruit and fruits juices and more veggies and leafy greens.
2) Keep your smoothie well balanced with carbohydrates, protein, healthy fats, and fiber.
– Carbohydrates- Veggies and certain low glycemic fruits
– Protein – protein powder ( soy, whey, rice, hemp, etc) or cottage cheese
– Healthy Fats – Avocado, coconut oil, flax seed oil or powder
– Fiber – leafy greens, veggies, certain low glycemic fruits
Here is one of my absolute favorite ways to start my day:
1/2 – 1 cucumber (peeled or unpeeled)
1 – 2 ounces of water
1-2 handfuls of spinach
1 cup of sprouts
1/2 – 1 avocado
1/2 cup of cottage cheese or protein powder
If you are just getting started in the world of green smoothies you might find it necessary to add a sweet ingredient or two to this mix.
But again try to only choose a low glycemic fruit or veggie or make some coconut water and a touch of honey.
More Smoothie Recipes
Smoothie Recipes | Banana Smoothie | Strawberry Smoothie | Papaya Smoothie | Green Smoothie Recipes
How To Make A Smoothie | Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss | Vegetable Smoothie Recipes
Republished by Blog Post Promoter